My Little Corner of the World Where Every Day is the Start of Something New!!
(and usually something crafty)

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Inquiring Minds...Day 3

So a lot of you have moved all over the place. My question today is what do you remember about grade school? (not High School). Did moving around a lot make it hard? Did you make any lasting friendships?

I went to school in Pacheco, CA (K-6). My closest friends in school were also the kids in my neighborhood. I still keep in touch with my best friend from back then. She still lives in the Bay Area. It's only a once a year holiday letter but it's nice.
I did this LO a few years ago right after I found out that my old school had been torn down. I can still remember walking (running) down those stairs every day to get to the playground and the yearly Halloween parade around that same playground (me on the right). The other photo of me and my sisters brings back memories of waiting across the street every morning for the bus and how every year we got new clothes and a new lunch box, and how back then girls were required to wear dresses to school.
Just a reminder ladies, if you haven't missed the opportunity already, get photos of your schools. They will not always be there. If it's too late for your own school what about your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment