My Little Corner of the World Where Every Day is the Start of Something New!!
(and usually something crafty)

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Inquiring Minds...Day 11




Have you ever had a crisis in your life where scrapbooking helped you get through it?
In 2006 my son and his wife had their first child together. Caydence had somehow cut off her own oxygen supply in the last week of Kim's pregnancy and was born with almost no brain function. Having lost an infant child of my own I had so much empathy for them. It was even harder going through it with them than it was for myself. While they were at the hospital and the Ronald McDonald house for those 7 1/2 weeks the thing that got me through this was scrapbooking...every activity (donated by Ronald McDonald House), every photo of Caydence and the family. It was therapeudic for not only me but for the entire family.




No comments:

Post a Comment